Who is Wendy Moten?
Wendy Moten is a Tennessee-native jazz singer raised in Nashville but was born in Memphis. Moten enjoyed a fruitful musical career that included numerous solo albums on big labels, a few hit songs worldwide, and a second career as a touring musician.
|Full Name||Wendy Moten|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2022)||57 years old|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1965|
|Birth Place||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|School/University||Overton High School in Memphis|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Estimated net worth||$1.5 million approx|
Family and Relationship
|Husband||David M. Santos|
Wendy Moten Biography TimeLine
Wendy Moten is an American singer, songwriter, and actress born on November 22, 1965, in Memphis, Tennessee. She started singing in church and began her career as a backup singer for popular artists such as Michael Bolton, Julio Iglesias, and Stevie Wonder. Moten’s first major appearance as a solo artist was on the soundtrack for the 1992 movie “The Bodyguard,” where she sang the song “What’s Love Got to Do with It.” She has released several albums and collaborated with various artists in her career. She has also appeared on several television shows and movies, including “The Arsenio Hall Show,” “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” and “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
- 1965: Wendy Moten is born on November 22 in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1985: Moten moves to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue her music career.
- 1987: Moten becomes a backup singer for Michael Bolton and performs with him on his tour.
- 1989: Moten signs a recording contract with EMI Records and releases her debut album, “Wendy Moten.”
- 1992: Moten’s song “Come in out of the Rain” reaches No. 5 on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart.
- 1992: Moten appears on the soundtrack for the movie “The Bodyguard” and sings the song “What’s Love Got to Do with It.”
- 1993: Moten releases her second album, “Time for Change,” which features the hit single “So Close to Love.”
- 1996: Moten collaborates with Italian singer Andrea Bocelli on his album “Bocelli.”
- 1998: Moten appears in the movie “Hope Floats” and performs the song “I’ll Be There.”
- 2002: Moten releases her third album, “Life’s So Good.”
- 2007: Moten performs the song “Blessed” for the soundtrack of the movie “Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married?”
- 2015: Moten releases her fourth album, “Timeless: Wendy Moten Sings Richard Whiting.”
- 2018: Moten is inducted into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame.
- 2020: Moten releases a Christmas album, “Christmas Love.”
Wendy Moten Biography TimeLine
Wendy Moten is an American R&B and pop singer, known for her powerful and emotive voice. She began her career in the early 1990s and has since released several albums and collaborated with a number of prominent musicians. Throughout her career, she has continues to tour and perform, collaborating with other artists and releasing new music.
- 1962: Born in Memphis, Tennessee
- 1980s: Began singing in local churches and community choirs
- 1990: Released debut album “Wendy Moten”
- 1992: Collaborated with producer David Foster on her second album “Take It from the Boys”
- 1996: Released third album “Come In Out of the Rain” which featured the hit single “Come In Out of the Rain”
- 2000s: Continues to tour and perform, collaborating with other artists and releasing new music.
- 2010: Moten played the role of “The Diva” in the musical “Love, Janis.”
- 2020: Wendy Moten continues to perform and tour around the world.
Wendy Moten, Childhood and Early Life
Wendy Moten was born and raised on November 22, 1965, in Memphis, Tennessee, the United States. Wendy Moten is considered American, but her ethnicity is unknown. According to his date of birth, Wendy Moten’s zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Regarding her parents, her father’s name is Dumisani Maraire, and her mother’s name is Vanessa Williams. She grew up with her sibling Crystal Gayle.
Wendy Moten received her secondary schooling at Overton High School in Memphis. As a young child, Wendy Moten started singing in church choruses. Later, she had the chance to participate in the Overton Choir under the late Lulah M. Hedgeman.
Wendy Moten Professional Life and Career
In 1992, Wendy succeeded with the EMI release of her self-titled debut album. She collaborated with Michael Bolton to play at a subsequent charity concert. Wendy’s most well-known single was “Come In Out of the Rain,” written by Ernest Williamson, Curtiss Boone, and Nikos Lyras. The song was well-liked and reached its highest point at 10 in Iceland and the UK. She remarked, “I toured the entire world with him, singing in four languages, flying on private aircraft and performing in front of enormous audiences.”
Despite the song’s success, Capitol Records dropped Moten after just one more prosperous album. On their 2006 Soul2Soul II Tour, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill had vocal assistance from Moten. She performed on their tour through 2018. Wendy Moten competed in Season 21 of The Voice on NBC in 2021. “Come in Out of the Rain,” a song by Wendy Moten, reached its peak position of eight on the UK singles chart in February 1994.
She also sang backing vocals when touring with Martina McBride from 2014 to 2016. For many years, Moten sang harmony for Vince Gill and was a part of his Time Jumpers. However, in 2020, Gill invited Moten to join him on tour as a featured vocalist. On Blake Shelton’s team, she advanced to the season finale of The Voice, where she was named the runner-up.
Wendy Moten Social Media
Wendy Moten is active on her social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Wendy shares a lot of her pictures on her social media sites. Wendy has a lot of followers on her Instagram accounts.
Wendy Moten Relationship
Wendy Moten will marry David M. Santos, who is engaged to her. They have been bound to one another for over twenty years and have enjoyed their tranquil relationship.
Wendy Moten Age, Height and Weight
Wendy Moten has a height of 5 feet 4 inches and a weight of about 75 kg. Wendy’s eyes are black, and her hair color is brown. As of 2022, Wendy Moten’s age is 57 years old.
Wendy Moten’s Net Worth
Wendy Moten has been very successful in her career. She has had a sizable amount of money throughout her career. As per the reports, Wendy has a net worth of $1.5 million.
- Wendy Moten was raised in Memphis, where she is originally from.
- Her most well-known albums include Tis the Season, Life’s What You Make It, Time for Change, and Wendy Moten.
- Wendy has a net worth of $1.5 million.
- Wendy has a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs about 75 kg.
- Wendy is active on her social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.